On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 8:08 PM, Rob Kendrick <rjek@rjek.com> wrote:
On Sun, 23 May 2010 18:13:55 +0200
steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, pkg-config is not universal. I would have thought that this is a
> job for the upstream packagers.

While broadly I agree, upstream packagers should be provided guidance.
We already have some problems with using pre-packaged Lua libraries
across different UNIXy systems because such guidance is not provided.

That guidance could be provided by an example pkg-config file, or
simply a document containing suggestions.

That's my opinion too, as i said in my previous mail.

Vincent Torri