On Sun, 23 May 2010 18:13:55 +0200
steve donovan <steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:

> Also, pkg-config is not universal. I would have thought that this is a
> job for the upstream packagers.

While broadly I agree, upstream packagers should be provided guidance.
We already have some problems with using pre-packaged Lua libraries
across different UNIXy systems because such guidance is not provided.

That guidance could be provided by an example pkg-config file, or
simply a document containing suggestions.

(I'm thinking specifically of, for example, the ability to have
multiple versions of Lua installed at once, if the headers are in their
own directory, etc etc.)

B.