On Thu, 20 May 2010 15:00:48 +0200, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
>There is no need - they are source and can be directly loaded using require().

Mmm... So it looks like LuaRocks is like RPM on Linux, ie. it checks
dependencies, and downloads binaries if available and source, if not
(in which case lua.exe or luac.exe will compile the source files on
the fly).

>I honestly don't know why they went that way, since if the C runtime
>that comes with Windows (msvcrt.dll) had problems, then it would be
>patched during regular Windows updates.

I guess most binary modules for Lua are compiled with the MS C
runtime, so I'll have to include this into the ZIP file.

Anyway, thanks a lot for clarifying things!