On 12.04.2010 13:38, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
> It seems that Mr. Jobs argues that "intermediate layers between the
> platform and the developer ultimately produces sub-standard apps and
> hinders the progress of the platform."
>
>   http://www.taoeffect.com/blog/2010/04/steve-jobs-response-on-section-3-3-1/
>
> -- Roberto

This reminds me about haXe/flash case:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HaXe

"One benchmark indicates that haXe compiles Flash 9 (AVM2) bytecode with
better performance than the equivalent AS3 code on Adobe's compiler."

Besides, IMO programming in haXe is really superior comparing to the
original AS3. So it seems to me that Steve Jobs really cares about
"multiplatform", not "intermediate layers" - why not write programs for
iPhone in low-level assembler instead of using "intermetiate layer" of
Objective-C compiler?

Regards,
miko