On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 06:04:33PM -0700, Stefan wrote:

> This fellow got the standard Lua interpreter running on his G1 using a
> touch of patching and some cross-compiling mojo:
>
> http://www.damonkohler.com/2008/12/lua-on-android.html

I got Lua installed on my G1 via this:

	aptitude install lua5.1

Of course, I had to install Ubuntu first:

	http://xdatap1.wordpress.com/2009/05/03/jaunty-under-android/

But that also gets me: vim, GNU screen, bash, Subversion, etc.
Basically my entire desktop development environment.  The only problem
was Mercurial... the packages aren't available for ARM in Ubuntu.  So
I had to download the latest source and compile it (after installing
Python of course).

I've been using ConnectBot instead of the Google provided terminal,
which works better in general.

You'd want to use the Android Scripting Environment if you wanted to
create Android apps, but I'm working on other stuff that runs fine in
a terminal window.

It's been a blast to have a full-fledged computer this small and
portable.

James Graves