David Given wrote:
Ah! Very likely. The emulator *is* clunky --- but given that it's a
hacked version of qemu emulating an entire phone, ARM processor and all,
I'm not entirely suprised.

Good to know; I'll give it another try when I'll have access to a real device.

Incidentally, one thing that a lot of people
miss --- it needs highlighting in the documentation --- is that you
don't need to restart the emulator for every debug cycle; once launched,
pressing the run or debug button will cleanly update your application
with the new version.

I tried that, but it didn't work for me. Perhaps it's just a quirk of this version.

  Enrico