* Jacques Chester:

> In the longer run? I'm not so sure:
>
> http://clubtroppo.com.au/2008/07/10/shared-hosting-is-doomed-and-i-have-the-graphs-to-prove-it/
>
> (That link may be down today as I am moving from a shared
> host to a VPS ...)

An argument based on bie charts is somewhat suspect. 8-)

I think the key point is that administrative overhead per instance
goes way down once you're automating things.  This means that for some
folks, shared hosting will continue to be attractive.  If you factor
in compromises and remediation costs, shared hosting looks better, too
(but many potential customers will of course ignore this aspect).