From: lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br [mailto:lua-bounces@bazar2.conectiva.com.br] On Behalf Of RJP Computing
Sent: sexta-feira, 15 de janeiro de 2010 02:27
To: Lua list
Subject: Re: LuaBinaries and the RTL DLL for 5.2

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 11:01 PM, Antonio Scuri <scuri@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:

 For those who use the LuaBinaries executables,

 I'm about to release the LuaBinaries for 5.2.0-work2 and have a question
regarding the DLL dependency.

 I think it is time to move from vc8 (VS 2005) to vc9 (VS 2008) and the 5.2
release is a great opportunity since it will force all modules to recompile
anyway.

 What do you think?

I vote to compile and release with MinGW GCC. Drop the tough VC RTL issues. MinGW has updated to version 4.4 and is just as fast if not faster than VC. Please.

--
Regards,
Ryan