On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 6:27 AM, RJP Computing <rjpcomputing@gmail.com> wrote:
> I vote to compile and release with MinGW GCC. Drop the tough VC RTL issues.
> MinGW has updated to version 4.4 and is just as fast if not faster than VC.
> Please.

The voice of bitter experience ;)  This is a very attractive option
available to us, but:
- many Windows people like their existing tools
- particularly if they are integrating Lua into their existing Windows
applications

This doesn't apply to the pure scripter, of course. So the argument
for Lua for Windows going GCC is good, particularly if we can persuade
LuaRocks 2 to recognize mingw targets on Windows.

steve d.