RJP Computing <rjpcomputing@gmail.com> [2010-01-06 16:15:08]:

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:00 PM, Petr Štetiar <ynezz@true.cz> wrote:
> >
> > Yes it works, because it finds librs232. Try to use ldd on luars232, it
> > will show you dependency on librs232 and it's path.
> >

> You are correct, how did it find that since the dist directory is not in my
> path or ldconf file?

I don't know much about autotools internals, but I think, that if you link
using libtool for example to a library -lrs232 and that library was built and
installed using libtool, it will try to lookup librs232.la file and then use
information inside it(libdir value?) to replace -lrs232 option with absolute
path to that library file.

-- ynezz