RJP Computing <rjpcomputing@gmail.com> [2010-01-06 11:11:03]:

> On Wed, Jan 6, 2010 at 4:35 AM, Petr Štetiar <ynezz@true.cz> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > please test with the new release v1.0.0[1], it contains some fixes[2]
> > (mainly
> > cosmetic). Thanks.
> >
> > 1.
> > http://cloud.github.com/downloads/ynezz/librs232/luars232_v1.0.0-lua_for_windows.zip
> > 2.
> > http://github.com/ynezz/librs232/commit/879f398271c8e80d55882fec6af9f08610a93521
> >

> I will test this out. I did build this on Linux (my main development
> environment) and was wondering if I need both the librsr232.so and
> luars232.so, or just the luars232.so? I am hoping that it is just the
> luars232.so. Thanks.

librs232.so is a library with C API for serial communication, luars232.so is
just Lua module with bindings for librs232 library, using librs232.so.
librs232.so can be then shared with other applications, by libraries using
librs232 or other bindings for it, such as planned Python module. On Windows
it's build statically, and it could be on Linux also, but I don't see a point
why to do so.

-- ynezz