I have started to consider putting more of my libs under the GPL, though...
That is a guaranteed way to limit your audience. Why restrict your audience when you don't need to? Any code I write I put under as liberal license as possible with a restrictive clause to prevent it being GPL'd because if it becomes GPL'd,
less people will be able to use it.

I won't use GPL'd code. Simple as that. If I find something that looks useful but then see that it is GPL'd, I pass and find something else or write my own.
I will use LGPL code and BSD/MIT licensed code.

Stephen