On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Javier Guerra <javier@guerrag.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 6:34 PM, Adam Walczak <me@adamwalczak.info> wrote:
> i wanted to fill this; but the questions assume lots of things that
> are simply wrong for my projects.

I abandoned the survey a few pages in for the same reason.

> 3) is asks about the reasons to make it open source, as if it was a
> decision to be taken.
>
> it's not that i believe in the FOSS ethos, it's not that it's far, far
> cheaper to code that way.  those projects couldn't even be conceived
> in a non-FOSS environment.

My projects that are open source are usually under the license of the
standard libraries for the language they
are written in.

Nobody would pay me for their use, so what benefit would I get from
closing the source?

I have started to consider putting more of my libs under the GPL, though...

Cheers,
Sam