On Fri, Dec 11, 2009 at 9:42 PM, Matthew M. Burke <matthew@bluedino.net> wrote:
> Some of those things are hard to compile even for us non-casual users---or
> maybe I overestimate myself :P

Oh, we can _do_ it, but it's an hour of our lives forever gone.  It's
usually the GUI frameworks, like lua-gnome is very tricky, totally
dependent on a particular Debian setup, IUP made me reach for Synaptic
about a dozen times, and generally one ends up learning obscure things
from some blog somewhere.  LuaSQL requires the dev packages for all
its back-ends, even though you just want to use sqlite3 ;)

No criticism intended, naturally; just an argument for Binaries for
Busy people ;)

steve d.