"Matthew M. Burke" <matthew@bluedino.net> dixit:

> Many writers (and programmers) use
> it to offset a subordinate---or parenthetical---clause from the rest of
> the sentence.

I have always seen one '-' or two '--' (use 2 myself). The reason why I thought '---' could hardly happen by chance.

> Finally, "---" as a long comment delimiter probably would interfere with
> LuaDoc---which probably doesn't get used as much as it should :)

Yes. And precisely I thought at that :-) (Just like python docstrings.) Instead of "interfering", in my mind it would be intentional.
Anyway, seems that this proposal has no chance. Also, the objection about a whole line of dashes as visual separator is really valid.

Denis

la vita e estrany

http://spir.wikidot.com/