Hello,

I would like to be able to write multiline comments using a nicer format such as:

  --- starting
  following
  ending ---

  ---
  starting
  following
  ending
  ---

for the following reasons:
1. Nicer to type.
2. Much less visual noise.
3. I just had a bug because ']]' was part of a comment.
This could be either an alternative or a replacement for the present pattern. At first sight, I cannot see any parsing problem. Also, "---" can hardly happen by chance inside a string or comment.

(About the bug issue, I read somewhere that a solution may be to require ending multiline comments with "--]]" instead of "]]" alone, and I fully agree (I do it now). But it makes points 1 & 2 even worse.)

Denis

la vita e estrany

http://spir.wikidot.com/