David Jones <drj@ravenbrook.com> dixit:

> 2009/12/11 spir <denis.spir@free.fr>:
> > I would like to be able to write multiline comments using a nicer format such as:
> >
> >  --- starting
> >  following
> >  ending ---
>
> Trivial changes to Lua syntax are very popular suggestions from people
> new to Lua ("!=" is very popular too, also the use of && and || from
> C, and of course, see endless lambda discussions).
>
> Happily these suggestions never seem to result in the language changing.
>
> I am amused to note that your comment syntax means that a '---' at the
> beginning of the file would make all code comments, and all comments
> code.
>
> drj

Pleased to read you're amused. Why you would enjoy starting a code file with an unmatched "---"? Note that your comment applies to various syntactic tokens in numerous languages. (Python coders sleep well with """ and '''.) Present Lua multiline marks introduce another issue. (Both beeing solved by proper syntax highlighting, btw.)

Side note: I _greatly_ dislike the tone of your reply. There was nothing offensive in my post, afaik, or was there? Maybe I mistake it because of non mastering english language; in which case: excuse me.

Denis

la vita e estrany

http://spir.wikidot.com/