2009/12/11 spir <denis.spir@free.fr>:
> I would like to be able to write multiline comments using a nicer format such as:
>
>  --- starting
>  following
>  ending ---

Trivial changes to Lua syntax are very popular suggestions from people
new to Lua ("!=" is very popular too, also the use of && and || from
C, and of course, see endless lambda discussions).

Happily these suggestions never seem to result in the language changing.

I am amused to note that your comment syntax means that a '---' at the
beginning of the file would make all code comments, and all comments
code.

drj