Mike Pall <mikelu-0912@mike.de> dixit:

> Also that donation button on lua.org isn't exactly easy to find. :-)
> In your case it might help if you created a not-for-profit entity,
> too. That way contributions from individuals are tax-exempt. Doing
> this on a world-wide basis is probably hard, though.

Many states have comparable laws, the issue is to have the non-profit org be recognized locally.
But I don't think tax-exemption is a real incentive for individuals; imo people give to support or don't give.

[I did not know of the "donation button", so I just bought the book as a modest contribution -- even if the online 5.0 version and all other help materials are enough for my needs (and even better suited).]

Denis

la vita e estrany

http://spir.wikidot.com/