>   [...]
>
> To jump-start sponsorship of LuaJIT, Athena Capital Research has
> provided an initial contribution of EUR 5,000!
>
> [...]

I would like to take the opportunity to remind the list that Lua itself
also has a sponsorship program (and we also accept donations from
companies and individuals). That money helps us to dedicate more time
to improve the language, its implementation, and its documentation.

(Unfortunately, we never got anything near 5,000 :(

-- Roberto