On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 04:08, Mike Pall <mikelu-0912@mike.de> wrote:
> Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
>> (Unfortunately, we never got anything near 5,000 :(

> Maybe this is because so far you've not started a sponsorship
> campaign with a specific goal (featurewise + moneywise)?

I think moneywise campaign would help. (Or any *campaign* for that
matter, but feature-wise campaigns may be viewed as a way to lobby a
feature into Lua — not necessary a good thing.)

Donate buttons are so common now, that some people just ignore them.

One thing is to donate just because you like the language, you know,
that way of talk: "My love to Lua is so huge, that this puny $100
donation I can make, would just show *nothing* of it, I need at least
$10^6 to even start talking about this!". Another — is to donate
because you know that Lua needs money. Fixed regular campaign sums
(and, possibly, but *not necessary*, a reason) also usually do help.

Alexander.