On Thu, Dec 3, 2009 at 3:24 PM, Francesco Abbate <gslshell@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using the GPL version of AGG since GSL Shell itselt is GSL.
> Talking about the bindings, for the moment I've something very limited
> but functional for doing most standard simple drawing of lines and
> polygons. No binding for widgets or even to draw font glyphs.

Well, let's think what a scientific plotting package needs, at least
as 'primitives' (in the sense of available through a Lua binding):
  - Axis and plot labels
  - ability to draw boxes with text in them (can then make legends)

Things like error bars can obviously be done with graphics primitives,
as can marks.

So text is important...

> bindings to AGG. The reason is that the library is very well designed
> in C++ with templates and to convert everything in Lua is not
> interesting.

But perhaps useful?

Not everything, of course! Once the basic primitives are available,
everything else can be done in Lua ;)

steve d.