On 02/ott/09, at 01:32, Phoenix Sol wrote:

I wouldn't mind jumping in on the iPhone app market, if I didn't have
to buy an Apple computer to do so. I prefer Linux and commodity
hardware.

Iirc Jay Freeman, author of Cydia, uses open source toolchains. The real point is that not using XCode will make you miss a lot of facilities. I read about an IBM tutorial about iphone development with Eclipse on non-OS X platform, can't say what it really is though.

--
Andrea