On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 9:42 PM, steve donovan
<steve.j.donovan@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 22, 2009 at 3:34 PM, pan shizhu <pan.shizhu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> IMO python is by far the better language for "first programming
>> language" than Lua.
>
> That may be true, but why? Is it because it has more 'out of the box'?

Yes, python has much more 'out of the box', and has more standard
modules (pygtk, pyqt, socket, d-bus, etc.)

Python standard libraries are very well documented.

In fact, I use lua more than python, but I think python is a better
language for "first programming language" because a new programmer
should form a good programming habit: correct indent, correct
identifier name.