Florian Weimer wrote:
Surprisingly, the few people I've talked to about their learning
experience when they had barely begun, all complained about pointless
error messages about missing semicolons.
I noticed that one of the reasons that came up a lot on the Ruby groups for folks liking Ruby was not having to type semi-colons. I thought that a weird and rather weak reason for liking Ruby, given what you can do with it, but whatever, its what folks were saying a few years ago.

Stephen
--
Stephen Kellett
Computer Consultancy, Software Development, Windows, C++, JavaScript,

Object Media Limited
Reg Office: 24 Windmill Walk, Sutton, Ely, Cambs CB6 2NH. Registered in England and Wales: Company Number: 02979036
http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk