A general request, not just for this, but for all announcements,
please put at least a single sentence describing what the software is
for, suitable for people who don't already know (which given the wide
range of lua users, from really different backgrounds, is likely to be
most of the list).

It could be Idle is the tool I've always wanted, finally available in
Lua, and I should drop everything and download it.

Or it could be a toolkit for making custom windows screen savers with
glowing puppy dogs...

I'd like to not have to use google to figure that out.

Cheers,
Sam