* On 2009-06-10 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote  :

> > * Lexer Only: Hex format definition (you know, 0x00000000, 0x0F001CE0,
>
> You can do that already in 5.1.

Indeed. But you still can not do "foo\x0f\x00\x1c\xe0bar".

I am the original poster of the '\x## notation' thread which has been
getting attention every now and then over the past weeks. A lot of
people have participated in this thread, and a lot of different opinions
were given, although most of those seem to be in favour of this future.

I am still very curious to hear if the Lua developers have managed to
form an official opinion on wether this is a feature likely to be added
to future Lua versions ?

--
:wq
^X^Cy^K^X^C^C^C^C