Hello KHMan,

Friday, May 29, 2009, 8:52:56 AM, you wrote:

> But we'll always have less than perfect design. How many of us
> have good hands-on experience with (and access to) three major
> platforms, *nix, Mac OS X and Win32? And 32-bit plus 64-bit?

i propose to do it in 3 levels:
- first level libs are simple bindings around OS calls (i.e. using
pointers and C structures)
- second level works on top of first level and provides the same
functionality in Lua way
- third level are OS-independent libs working on top of second level

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:Bulat.Ziganshin@gmail.com