----- Original Message -----
From: David Burgess
Date: 5/27/2009 11:13 PM
I didn't know we had to get Lua modules approved...

you don't. but acceptance by the list and endorsed by the Lua authors
hopefully gives a library that all can use and is a small step towards
lib standardization. This aim is to save on duplicated efforts.

Is there a precedent for this?  Has an external module been endorsed by the list and then by the Lua authors?

Case in point: I was looking at luaproc the other day, as I currently use Lua Lanes (and before that, I used another one).  I discovered many similarities and some differences.  That's not the point, though.  When luaproc came out, there was one posting (http://lua-users.org/lists/lua-l/2009-02/msg00404.html) that implied that a de-facto standard can only come from a Lua author.

Josh