Phoenix Sol wrote:

    Probably:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thundering_herd_problem

    or, more accurately:
    http://www.kegel.com/c10k.html

Sure, I've read those; But I'm afraid I don't know quite what you mean. I am wondering if there are any specific limitations of lua related to handling massive numbers of concurrent socket connections.

I'll leave this to those who use the said library to answer, since the most useful titbits would be some actual performance figures. I don't believe there are specific limitations that Lua imposes...

[snip snip]
Okay, good point; I'm talking about commercial 'web application' and 'web service' development... think 'social networking', 'chat', etc.

Interesting... The more fashionable tout things like Erlang and Scala, yet Wikipedia works fine with mediawiki and the Internet Archive works fine with I-don't-know-what. Seems like a lot of salesmanship or evangelizing going on. Good luck... :-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)