dcharno wrote:
KHMan wrote:
dcharno wrote:
It looks like the blogger has failed to do a mental/cognitive switch. If he likes OO-across-the-board so much, there's something called Ruby that might agree with his fine tastes. I hear it's very fast too... ;-) Heh. Selamat Tahun Baru [Malay] to everyone too.

You are right. Any one who comments on, questions or criticizes any aspect of Lua should just switch to another language.

No, that is a bit too extreme. Let us not be opposed to different opinions, but let us respect the right to differ in opinions. So, while I respect the blogger's opinions, I don't agree with it. No big deal.
[snip]

I was being sarcastic. I don't see any respect for a differing opinion in your first post. You suggested the blogger should investigate a different language because he has 'finer tastes' and you mocked the performance of Ruby.

In the second sentence, I already assume the blogger is well versed in a wide variety of scripting languages. Since it is assumed that it is too presumptuous to be telling him what to do, it becomes an absurd premise and is thus meant as humorous. I did add the smiley; is there a need to take it so seriously?

If Rowan Atkinson were to do a stand up Black Adder act here, I guess he'll be met with a lot of blank faces. *sigh* I won't say anything more on this thread. :-)

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)