KHMan wrote:
dcharno wrote:
It looks like the blogger has failed to do a mental/cognitive switch. If he likes OO-across-the-board so much, there's something called Ruby that might agree with his fine tastes. I hear it's very fast too... ;-) Heh. Selamat Tahun Baru [Malay] to everyone too.

You are right. Any one who comments on, questions or criticizes any aspect of Lua should just switch to another language.

No, that is a bit too extreme. Let us not be opposed to different opinions, but let us respect the right to differ in opinions. So, while I respect the blogger's opinions, I don't agree with it. No big deal.

We wouldn't want to push anyone away. I respect the blogger's ability to make his own choices. Anyway, we have ideas and opinions discussed on the list all the time... Give-and-take discussions seem to be disappearing in this age where things often gets too politically correct, a pity.

I was being sarcastic. I don't see any respect for a differing opinion in your first post. You suggested the blogger should investigate a different language because he has 'finer tastes' and you mocked the performance of Ruby.