emacs lua-mode does not honor the [[ string-quoting mechanism,
with the result that all sorts of horrible automatic indentation
is going on in the middle of string literals.  I would love to fix
this bug, but my emacs skills are not good, and part of the problem
seems to be that the lua-mode takes only one line of context into account.
It should be possible to search backward for an opening [[ or [====[ or so
on without a matching closing delimiter, but I don't really know how or
where to do this.

Is there an emacs lisp hacker on the list who'd be willing to help with this?
(The last release of lua-mode was in November 2007, so I assume it's not
under active development.)

Norman