dcharno wrote:
>> It looks like the blogger has failed to do a mental/cognitive switch.
>> If he likes OO-across-the-board so much, there's something called
>> Ruby that might agree with his fine tastes. I hear it's very fast
>> too... ;-) Heh. Selamat Tahun Baru [Malay] to everyone too.
> You are right.  Any one who comments on, questions or criticizes any
> aspect of Lua should just switch to another language.

And to think - I almost missed the invisible <sarcasm> tags :)

On the whole, this mailing list is quite amenable to discussion on the
language. Alot of it is ignored thereafter, but comments & criticism
seem well received... just rarely acted upon. This is part of the whole
"Lua development is closed to outsiders" mentality that both allows for
quicker/cleaner release iterations and inhibits outsider contribution :)

--
Regards,

Benjamin Tolputt
Analyst Programmer

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential to the
intended recipient and may be privileged. If you have received this
email inadvertently or you are not the intended recipient, you may not
disseminate, distribute, copy or in any way rely on it. Further, you
should notify the sender immediately and delete the email from your
computer. Whilst we have taken precautions to alert us to the presence
of computer viruses, we cannot guarantee that this email and any files
transmitted with it are free from such viruses.