On Thursday 04, Robert G. Jakabosky wrote:
> On Wednesday 03, Alexander Gladysh wrote:
> > It *looks* like Alchemy uses normal LLVM pipeline, so it should be
> > possible to trick it to use our LLVM-IR. This is definitely worth
> > exploring.
>
> I might be able to help create a frontend/compiler for llvm-lua that will
> build a bitcode module for the Alchemy backend.  I just notice that Alchemy
> is supported on linux (Yay!).  I'll take a look at it later.

I tried to get Alchemy working with llvm-lua and ran into problems since
Alchemy uses LLVM version 2.1 and llvm-lua is using version 2.4.  The bitcode
& .ll files are not comptable between those two versions.  I even tried using
the C backend with llvm-lua to compile Lua scripts into pure C and then
compile that C code with Alchemy, but that failed to compile/run correctly.

There are two options:
1. Wait for Alchemy to be upgrade to LLVM 2.4
2. Backport llvm-lua to LLVM 2.1

I don't have the time right now to try backporting llvm-lua to the 2.1.

--
Robert G. Jakabosky