Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
Following the recent discussion about table.concat, here is some code that
supports the use of tables as ropes. It provides a single function "unrope"
which takes a rope (a table containing strings and similar subtables) and
concats it into a single string, optionally with delimiters.
Enjoy. All feedback welcome.

Hi. I tried this with my build of Lua 5.1.4 which has api_check enabled and it asserts in function 'doconcat' at the first lua_rawgeti. It seems that it cannot grow the stack

---------------------------
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
---------------------------
Assertion failed!

Program: c:\luarocks\1.0\lua5.1.exe
File: d:\proyecto\packages\lua5.1\src\lapi.c
Line: 573

Expression: L->top < L->ci->top

For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)
Abort   Retry   Ignore

Regards,
Ignacio Burgueño