Gavin Wraith wrote:
I apologize if this is the wrong forum for this post - it should
be the SciTE interest group, but that involves joining a Google
group, something that I have so far managed to avoid.

You should move the OT issues to scite-interest on Google Groups. We're moderating membership and new postings there, so it should be spam-free.

As a dedicated Lua user, and as a newcomer to Windows XP, I have been
delighted by SciTE, especially its configurability by Lua scripts.
But the Windows version has a fundamental drawback (I do not know
if versions on other platforms suffer the same): you can only view
one file at a time. [snip] Lots of text-editors for Windows seem
to deny the purpose of a desktop in this way. Why is this?

[OT] I use VirtuaWin, then arrange multiple instances on the desktop. GTK+ SciTE is tabbed too.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)