On Sep 12, 2008, at 9:37 PM, Matt Campbell wrote:

If I'm designing a new application, should I write the application core in C and then use Lua for scripting on top of that, or should I write the application in Lua, using C extension modules only where needed?

For what it's worth, as a hobby, I use Lua to write applications, only using extension modules when there are no other alternatives.

After all, one can get quite a bit of mileage out of just bare bone Lua :)

As a concrete example of an arguably full fledge application, Nanoki, a wiki server, is fully implemented in Lua, using only a handful of low level C modules:

http://svr225.stepx.com:3388/a

Just my 2¢.

Cheers,

--