I can't agree with that.

Luarocks has an use case that allows one to build binary modules that
are readily available without compilation.

You can't really do it for *nix because on that platform it's easier
to find build tools than library dependencies.. but windows is another
matter completely. You can build-in (almost) everything you need into
your own DLL.

So, I believe having a bunch of binary rocks that can install easily
on windows as simple as to find somebody to build them all (once for
each runtime available, I think).
--
Luís Eduardo Jason Santos