Matt

Original motivation of LfW was for single .exe  installer to allow
people to easily try out Lua.  Linux mindset is build your own.
Windows mindset is click to install, so LfW is tuned to click to
install. LfW is more aimed at programmers interested in trying Lua as
a standalone scripting language.

LuaRocks is the right solution for building from source, but requires
more tools (compilers,linkers), setup (libs,headers)  & runtime
compatibilities to use.

A goal for LfW is to work with LuaRocks. We're still trying to figure
that all out.

Cheers
Andrew