On Sat, Sep 6, 2008 at 10:43 PM, Thomas Harning <harningt@gmail.com> wrote:
> You might want to check out Geany [1], a GTK+ editor w/ a Lua plugin [2].
>  It's pretty lean and the Lua plugin seems pretty clean.
>
> 1: http://www.geany.org/
> 2: http://www.geany.org/Support/Plugins

Thank you, but it seems that Geany is an IDE built on Scintilla.

I should have specified that in my first mail, but I'm not looking for
an IDE. I'm investigating possibility to make a custom editor for
non-programmers. So I do not need (almost) any of IDE features. I need
an embeddable editor control which I would drive with Lua by my own
unusual ways.

I'd rather teach some unambitious edit control new tricks than
struggle with full-blown IDE to behave against its nature.

Alexander.