From: "Alexander Gladysh" <agladysh@gmail.com>
Thank you, but it seems that Geany is an IDE built on Scintilla.

There is an OS X port of Scintilla:

http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Mail/Message/scintilla-interest/2801349

Mentions a test suite, but no intentions to port SciTE, say. That would be a mission.

I'd rather teach some unambitious edit control new tricks than
struggle with full-blown IDE to behave against its nature.

I like this sentence ;) Unfortunately, one of my new year resolutions is not to reinvent wheels, so I'm stuck with SciTE for a while. Although, once you have a reasonably comprehensive binding to an edit control and an overall GUI framework (NB point) the rest should be fun...

steve d.