----- Original Message -----
From: René Rebe
Date: 8/27/2008 6:08 AM
Note that all this is handled by modern compilers with link time optimizations, such as possible with LLVM and it's work is in progress for gcc. So hopefully this manually cat'ing together source files can soon be a relict of the past :-)
The compile times are also seriously faster. In fact, for every modern compiler I've worked with across many platforms, creating an amalgamation file (we use the term 'lump') improves overall compilation times in a major way.

Josh