Hi,

7. If this amalgamation is after all a good idea, is there a chance that it gets supported as a standard way of building Lua in the future?
Although I did not took a look a this "amalgamation" I guess it's just including all sources in one big compiler invocation ala etc/all.c, such as the KDE project
also already did for a long time when build with --enable-final.

Note that all this is handled by modern compilers with link time optimizations, such as possible with LLVM and it's work is in progress for gcc. So hopefully this manually cat'ing together source files can soon be a relict of the past :-)

Yours,