On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 12:56 AM, David Manura <dm.lua@math2.org> wrote:
>> I understand that this takes some functionality away
>
> Such as having multiple versions of modules installed simultaneously. (Perl CPAN
> has been limited in this way.)

Well, LfW should provide a simple sane environment for people who are
not necessarily rocket scientists ;)  There is a canonical Lua way to
do libraries, nicely established by 5.1, and why not use it?

Considering how successful Perl CPAN has been, even with this
limitation, not handling multiple versions does not seem a
show-stopper.

steve d.