I saw something called Primemover once, just to round out the discussion...

http://primemover.sourceforge.net/

Also:
- LuaIBS
- Bou

And there's a really interesting one that bootstrapped itself from a single shell script (only).  It had the lua source embedded inside, compiled it, and ran the result to feed the lua scripted builds.  All one had to do was distribute the source code to the target app, and this script, and it would build.  But I may be referring to an older version of PM, as bootstrapping the build system is one of its features as well.

bb.