The cmakelua is a good choice.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 9:22 AM, Wesley Smith <wesley.hoke@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi list,
I'm in need of a Lua-based build tool to manage a xplatform project
with lots of build targets.  My basic needs are:

- something that works on Windows, OSX, Linux
- can generate an IDE project and build using existing IDE projects
(like VS2008, Xcode, Code::Blocks)
- can be configured to install build products (like make install) and
other pre-/post-build mojo

I've looked so far at CMAKE and its Lua variant and Premake.  Premake
goes a good ways toward what I want but lacks support for actually
using IDE projects to perform the build AFAICT.  So, if such a tool
already existed, I would be happy combining it with premake.  CMAKE et
al are not to my taste.  Are there any others out there I'm
overlooking?

thanks,
wes

--