On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo <lhf@tecgraf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> let me know the thoughts about an installer that downloads dynamically.

For a 'batteries included environment' I think it'd be best to provide
everything and not rely on the user having an internet connection.

But of course I don't pretend to know anything about Windows...

Good point. I have a hidden feature that if you don't have the VC 8.0 CRT installed and you have the 'vcredist_x86.exe' placed next to the installer file, it won't go download and use that file. This way users/system administrators can roll LfW out just by copying the 'Lua_v5.1.3.XX.exe' and 'vcredist_x86.exe' to the machines. Then execute 'Lua_v5.1.3.XX.exe'. Does this help the situation at all?

I chose this approach because I felt that making people download 2.3MB extra every time, for a item that only needs to be installed once, was a bit of a waist. Thoughts?
--
Regards,
Ryan