Ralph Hempel writes:
> Asko Kauppi wrote:
> > Oh, btw: it won't generate C code for you.  It gives you a binary chunk
> > of Lua code that can be embedded in a C program.  Is that what you want?
> I think based on his original post that he wanted a magic
> translator that provided working .c and .h files for a given
> .lua file.

This may be referring to a "Lua source -> C source" compiler I've been working
on since last week that is tentatively named lua2c and implemented as lua2c.lua.
 I planned to announce it on this list sometime this week, but current work can
be found on the lua-users.org wiki in the Recent Changes.

Please note the warnings!  lua2c.lua is in active development and not intended
for general consumption (at least not yet).  Neither are previous "lua2c/luatoc"
efforts by Lhf and Hisham.  Most people will instead want to run Lua source
directly from C by calling C API functions (e.g. luaL_loadstring / luaL_dostring
/ luaL_loadfile / luaL_dofile functions) or, as an optimization as Asko
mentioned, precompile to bytecodes (luac) and/or embed it in your binary
(bin2c).  luac is included with Lua, and bin2c can be found at [1].

[1] http://lua-users.org/wiki/BinToCee