ketmar wrote:
i think every programmer must write something resonably big in assembly
language to understand that there's no magick in computers. and that
there's nothing but nameless bits and bytes there. %-)
I completely agree. I find that even many C/C++ developers don't understand about machine word size and why its important, and why you shouldn't use those currently unused bits in the address to store extra data (Mac and
Atari ST users will be familiar with problems tricks like that can cause).

Stephen